Role: Senior Network Architect
Rate/Salary : Completive
Location: Oxford, UK
Job type: Permanent
Expertise in Design/Operations/Maintenance of Telecommunication/Networking and security systems. Result-oriented, quality-driven, business-savvy professional with broad IT exposure, technologically-advanced IT/networking solutions to meet challenging multinational business demands.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of Sr. Network Architect are as follows:
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies
- Support the sales team on RFP/RFI/RFS
- Design, analyze, plan, and modify network components supporting customer communication implementation activities
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Plan, design and implement networked systems, including configurations, and supports/troubleshoots network problems
- Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methods
- Prepare the analysis of the capacity needs for network infrastructure
- Build technical capabilities on next gen technologies
- Survey network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers.
- Configure routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP, complex switch networks built on vPC, VXLAN, OTV, ACI, VMware NSX configurations.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to design templates.
- Continually review the customer’s network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Mandatory: A solid understanding of network services concepts such as SNMP/SYSLOG/NTP/DHCP/DNS and security concepts in authentication, encryption, AAA, TACACS/RADIUS, and LDAP
- Routing Protocols : EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP
- Switch technologies : STP, RSTP, MST, vPC
- DCI technologies: VXLAN, OTV, LISP
- Switch Series (Cisco): Nexus 9K , 7K ,5K , and 6500
- Router Series (Cisco): ISR 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K and ASR series 1000, 9000, 7200, 7600
- SDN /SDWAN Technologies: Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Cisco Viptela, Silverpeak
- Wireless: Cisco and Aruba unified wireless architecture
- Load Balancers : F5 LTM, F5 GTM/DNS , Citrix Netscalar ADC
- WAN Optimizers : Riverbed Steelhead and Cisco WaaS
- Tools : Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Wireshark, iperf/jperf
- Good to have: Work experience on Juniper, HPE and Arista Products
- Knowledge on VMware and Hyper-V
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications are essential to include Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess both excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage time efficiently and a demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Education: Bachelors in Computers
- Minimum of one technical certification in chosen technology desired
- Proficient in using MS office applications (MS Word, PPT, Excel, Visio, MPP)
- CCIE R&S or CCIE Datacenter Certified ( Preferred )
If that sounds you, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online