Role: Cloud deployment Lead or Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Job type: Permanent
Notice: Immediate to 15 Days
Detail Job Description
The OpenStack Cloud Deployment Engineer is experienced in the deployment, testing and integration network, storage, and compute solutions in an OpenStack Cloud/Network Function Virtualization environment. This a hands-on, technical, NFV (network function virtualization) role including deployment, trouble shooting and issue resolution. It also requires good communication skills in working with internal and external vendor support groups.
- Gathers customer requirements and plans the deployment of OpenStack-based cloud solutions.
- Implements services on network, storage and compute systems.
- Runs scripts, execute commands to deploy, test, troubleshoot virtualized network functions.
- Requires close collaboration and communication with onshore & offshore colleagues and occasionally with clients.
- Create project related documentation such as method of procedures, acceptance testing documentation, high and low-level designs
- Engineering degree Computer Science/ Electronics Engineering Degree with 6-10 yrs of experience.
- Hands on experience in deployment of cloud environment, vnfm, nfvo, ems, vim architecture, heat templates
- Excellent debugging skills required in the area of Linux, OpenStack, and Configuration Management
- Sound experience in Linux
- Strong experience working with open source configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Good understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, routes, switching stack.
- Basic understanding of storage protocols such as iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
- Scripting knowledge – python, Ansible, shell, Perl, engine, heat, xml, yaml. Sound communication skills
- Debugging skills on these platforms issues related to rabbit, internal api networks, Ceph storage.
If you’re interested, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.