Our client, one of the top global technology consulting firm, is seeking Desktop Support Lead to join their Croydon, UK based office. This is a 6 months contract role that pays GBP 350/Day. Candidate must be SC cleared.
Detailed JD *(Roles and Responsibilities)
- You will be a valued member of an Infrastructure team which is responsible for all aspects of our environments (physical and virtual).
- This medium-sized environment is run across several sites in the UK situated in London with some travel to Midlands, but this will be sporadic. The environment is currently used by around 100 users and this is likely to increase in the coming year.
- This is a hands-on role which will require desktop deployments, physical server management and handling, networking, administrative and user support capabilities as well as significant aspects of DevOps activities such as configuration management with puppet and other tools.
- Keeping the system secure is particularly important. The candidate will be involved in the implementation of security controls and will, therefore, need to have previously been exposed to tools which will be used such as monitoring, encryption, firewalls, security zones, virus scanning and role-based access techniques and patching.
The following core skills and experience are required:
- Professional attitude and demeanour with good interpersonal skills. This is a customer facing role.
- Linux (Ubuntu desktop and server, Centos, RHEL). It is absolutely essential to be deeply familiar with Linux as it is at the core of the role. Ability to self-organise, take responsibility for a complex task and delegate sub tasks to others.
- Good puppet and bash scripting skills with good knowledge of GIT.
- Physical infrastructure (rack mounted) experience, including rack mounted servers, blades, SAN and other types of storage, switches, firewalls, patching and other datacentre related skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Past experience with virtualisation is essential (VMWare ESX ,KVM)
- Other tools and skills with which familiarity is essential: NTP, DNS, package managers (yum, apt), patching, IPTables, routing, LVM, LDAP, log aggregation, monitoring, other common Linux open source tools
The following items are desirable
- Windows server: Some experience of windows server administration is desirable but not essential
- Networking: A thorough working knowledge of networking is required. Some hands on experience with switches and firewalls would be beneficial
- Some hands-on experience of Jira, Confluence, Stash and GIT would be beneficial
- Security Requirements – SC & NPPV3. The selected candidate should be prepared to undergo the clearance process. As this is a secured environment, there is no work from home option available.If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online