Role: Finance Support Officer
Rate/Salary: GBP 25K/Year
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Job type: FTE – 6 Months
Detailed JD *(Roles and Responsibilities)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Full management of Month End reconciliation including making sure finance data is true and reports are sent out to the business on time, collecting of goods receipts and forecast in line with the financial process
- Process improvement and process maintenance
- Daptiv Maintenance (cleansing, updating, administration), Development (enhancements, reports) and to provide first line support
- Ensure project expenditure has an appropriate level of governance, goods and services received are reflected in SAP, review any variance between Daptiv/SAP and investigate until reconciled.
- Raising Purchase Orders, following throughout the life cycle, ensure project expenditure has appropriate level of governance, ensuring goods and services received are reflected in SAP and Daptiv and managing the invoice process end to end
- Collate projects forecast planning and produce analysis of actuals vs forecasts on a monthly basis
- Support the Project Managers with financial performance reviews to include monthly financials, month end timelines, financial deliverables, Project assurance (data quality), Project financial support at Month End
- Produce Performance Reporting across the portfolio, using agreed criteria.
- Work with Team Leader/ Project support office to proactively identify activities and implement automation.
- Provide focus to all associated quality aspects and Portfolio reporting.
- Any other support to the Team Leader, Project Support Officer and Project Coordinator as required
Skills / Experience Required:
- Ideally have a finance background including management of month end activities
- Advance excel skill is a must (e.g. writing Macros to implement automation)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, Daptiv and ability to work with numerical data essential.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a program or project office with project management experience.
- AAT or Equivalent Qualified
- Able to prioritize a diverse range of tasks, which may contribute to both departmental and project specific objectives.
- Able to work to deadlines while being able to respond to changing priorities
- Articulate with good interpersonal skills, capable of dealing at all levels of the organization.
- Enjoys working with detailed information and capable of prioritization.
- Ability to solve problems, creatively and effectively.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong team player.
- Good report writing skills.
- PRINCE2 Foundation qualified
If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or apply online