Role: Lead Solution Architect
Rate/Salary : Competitive
Location: London, UK
Job type: Contract – 6 months extendable
Years of Experience 10+ Years
Detailed JD *(Roles and Responsibilities)
As a Lead Solution Architect within Engage with the Client, you will be primarily aligned to a Release Train with the responsibilities of a Lead Solution Architect, ensuring we deliver best-in-class, safe & customer-focused Technical High-Level Solution designs, progressing towards our Platform Target Architecture and Digital Distribution roadmaps. You will also have the opportunity to support the design of Features for our upcoming digital initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Journey team, Business & Analysts to shape requirements and an industry-leading customer journey, which is supported by our Technology
- Work closely with cross-functional feature teams, including collaborating closely with a Release Train Manager, other pan-org globally distributed design teams, and our Implementation teams to deliver high quality change in alignment with the Target Architecture
- Take ownership of technical design issue and drive to resolution through the production of Technical Solution Designs, which will go through review governance and approval by the appropriate Platform or Technical Design Authority.
The skills you’ll need
- We’re looking for someone passionate about Software Engineering & Architecture Design, driven to deliver Customer-Focused, best-in-class & safe solution designs. You will require sound decision making for complex technical and business problems.
You’ll be an analytical thinker, with the ability to build strong relationships across all levels and functions, including the ability to influence, engage & collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You will have experience working in Software Engineering, with expertise in Requirement analysis, Solution Design, Coding, Testing, Deployment & Prototyping/Proof-of-Concepts. You should also have strong Business & Technical domain knowledge and experience with Business, Application & Data modelling.
- Any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Understanding of Agile team working, methodologies and tools, particularly working within a Scaled Agile environment.
- Understanding of Architecture and design methodologies and tools, such as TOGAF & Archimate.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or our internal Cloud solutions such as Cloud Foundries or Kubernetes/Docker based architectures.
- Understanding of Integration Architecture using Web Services appliances, such as IBM DataPower, IBM Integration broker, or CA Layer 7.
- Some understanding of Legacy Mainframe technologies, such as CICS, Batch processes, MQ & DB2 would be beneficial.
- A strong awareness of the importance of Information Security & ISO27001, its applicability into customer & staff facing systems, with the ability to apply these at sufficient depth across the SDLC.
- Demonstrable experience to understand & develop solutions which require Payments & Regular arrangement scheme/ISO standard/industry rules & specifications to be considered in journey, operational & technical design.
- Ability to understand Buy vs Build opportunities, experience in RFP & Vendor Selection processes.
- Ability to work across multiple technologies across cloud, digital, legacy stack, content management, etc and build transformation roadmaps.
- A focus on People Management, Coaching & Development, including developing more junior members of the team, actively undertaking personal development and supporting those around you.
Mandatory Skills – End to end technology and solution architecture for Customer Digital Channels, Payments and Servicing Platforms using latest Digital and related contemporary technologies.
Good to Have Skills – Togaf Certification
If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or apply online