Role: Technical Operations Manager
Rate/Salary: GBP 55K/Year
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Job type: Permanent
Detailed JD *(Roles and Responsibilities)
We are seeking a Technical Operations Manager specializing in Wintel/VMware & Citrix support and administration.
- Leadership & Management
- Provide direct line management to Operational Team leads across, Infrastructure, Networks, Applications, Monitoring, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line
- Create and support team development opportunities across the Technical support area
- Add value by reducing OPEX costs – improving processes and technical fit operationally between the client and their customers.
- Able to interact and influence at the highest levels
- Strong collaborator with positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a complex and challenging environment, working to tight deadlines
- Identify, document, quantify and communicate impact & risk within the client and to their customers as appropriate
- Collaborate with Change Management Teams and advise on technical solutions, impacts and risks
- Encourage innovation and the use of new technologies
- Technical delivery
- Proven experience working with many of the latest IT industry standards, including Cloud, Infrastructure, Network, Applications, Monitoring, Hosting, ISP and mobile working solutions.
- Identify and lead on continuous service improvement plans that both enhance client’s capability as well as customer service performance and satisfaction
- Will have demonstrable experience in supporting deeply technical service requirements and able to support and develop your teams to deliver accordingly
- Demonstrable experience in current / future technologies including AWS, O365, SD-WAN
- Deliver structure and organisation around ongoing release management activity
- Increase levels of automation to drive efficiencies in process and workload
- Service Performance & Reporting
- Attending CAB to provide support regarding change escalations from a Service Management perspective
- Provide leadership around Event Management and monitoring technologies and able to deliver automation of processes in this area
- Ensure strong focus on capacity management and strengthening client’s ability to proactively manage growth in client estates
- Deliver operational performance reporting in areas such as availability management, developing KPI reporting in line with the service levels expected by our customers
- Stakeholder management
- Manage and drive the performance of 3rd party suppliers ensuring that services provided fall in line with client SLA’s, including technical elements of contractual obligations.
- Liaise across all areas of the client to ensure clearly understood expectations of Operations teams, and to ensure clear expectations of the customer are met and delivered by Operations teams.
- Act as a key stakeholder with Project Managers to ensure that service onboarding and transition management are completed efficiently and effectively and that service operations have all the required elements to take on and support the IT requirements of customers
- Participate in the proactive onboarding of customers from a support perspective setting and delivering to customer expectations
- Participate in customer engagement with the sales and solutions teams to ensure a smooth transition into the client support
Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience and certifications in Citrix and VMware (v6.5 and above)
- Hands-on knowledge on user administration (performance tuning of Citrix) along with Infrastructure team to coordinate updates and patches
- Experience on implementation and troubleshooting skills of Citrix NetScaler (Access Gateway, Load Balancing) and XenApp/Xen Desktop 7.12 to 7.18 suite.
- Proven ability implementing Best Practices, Optimization, Fine Tuning skills on Citrix Infrastructure (Inclusive of Storefront, DDCs, PVS)
- Proficient in granular level of monitoring and management skills in identifying potential issues proactively on core Citrix infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability in technical implementation skills on creation of golden Image (Manual/ Automated Build),
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Escalation management experience
- Proven 3rd party and contract management
- On-call Rota management
- 3+ Years of leading a Technical Operations or Technical support team in a fast-paced environment
- ITIL Qualified
- Client facing experience
- Proven experience in Core Networking, Microsoft on-premise and Cloud solutions, and Virtualization.
If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or apply online